Joint Center & U.S. Rep. Bobby Scott Host Transportation Future of Work Roundtable
April 11, 2018
On April 11, the Joint Center in conjunction with U.S. House Committee on Education and the Workforce Ranking Member Congressman Bobby Scott hosted a roundtable exploring the impact of autonomous vehicles on workers of color. Joint Center President Spencer Overton moderated. Play the video below to watch for the full session.
Members participating included:
- Representative Bobby Scott (VA)
- Representative Suzanne Bonamici (OR)
- Representative Mark DeSa ulnier (CA)
- Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX)
- Representative Mark Takano (CA)
Experts participating included:
- Professor Susan Helper, Case Western Reserve University, former U.S. Commerce Department Chief Economist (click here for written statement)
- Robert Chiappetta, Director of Government Affairs, Toyota Motor North America
- Samuel Loesche, Legislative Representative, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (click here for written statement)
- Brian Woolfolk, Founding Executive Director, Full Color Future
#HAPPENINGNOW Watch Ranking Member @BobbyScott hold Member roundtable on automation and its impact on workers of color in the transportation sector.
Posted by Committee on Education and Workforce Democrats on Wednesday, April 11, 2018