On April 11, the Joint Center in conjunction with U.S. House Committee on Education and the Workforce Ranking Member Congressman Bobby Scott hosted a roundtable exploring the impact of autonomous vehicles on workers of color. Joint Center President Spencer Overton moderated. Play the video below to watch for the full session.
Members participating included:
- Representative Bobby Scott (VA)
- Representative Suzanne Bonamici (OR)
- Representative Mark DeSa ulnier (CA)
- Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX)
- Representative Mark Takano (CA)
Experts participating included:
- Professor Susan Helper, Case Western Reserve University, former U.S. Commerce Department Chief Economist (click here for written statement)
- Robert Chiappetta, Director of Government Affairs, Toyota Motor North America
- Samuel Loesche, Legislative Representative, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (click here for written statement)
- Brian Woolfolk, Founding Executive Director, Full Color Future
#HAPPENINGNOW Watch Ranking Member @BobbyScott hold Member roundtable on automation and its impact on workers of color in the transportation sector.
Posted by Committee on Education and Workforce Democrats on Wednesday, April 11, 2018