Focus Policy Blog
On May 18, the Joint Center, partnering with INSIGHT America, organized a breakfast with U.S. House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-TX).
The Ways & Means Committee is the chief tax-writing committee in the U.S. House, and it also oversees revenue-related aspects of Social Security, Medicare, and other social service programs.
Chairman Brady has also served as chairman of the Health Subcommittee (House Ways and Means Committee), and chairman of the Joint Economic Committee. Prior to being elected to Congress, Chairman Brady worked as a Chamber of Commerce executive and served six years in the Texas House of Representatives.
Meeting attendees included:
- Global Political Solutions, LLC Managing Partner Aaron T. Manaigo
- Center for Urban Renewal and Education National Director Reverend Derek McCoy
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Companies (U.S.) Government Affairs and Advocacy Director Ryan Molly
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice President & Executive Director Mee Moua
- Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies President Spencer Overton
- National Action Network DC Bureau Chief Ebonie Riley
- Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute Director of Programs & External Affairs Nina Roque
- Young Americans for Liberty Director of Free Speech Clarence Sailor
- INSIGHT America Co-Founder Elroy Sailor
- UPS Corporate Public Affairs Vice President Dontai Smalls
- Center for American Progress Director of Project 2050 Danyelle Solomon
- Former Lt. MD Governor/ Former RNC Chair Michael Steele
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Public Policy Project Interim Director Kimberly Tignor
- Asian Pacific American Institute of Congressional Studies Program Director Amy Watanabe
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Senior Research and Policy Analyst Harry Watkins, Ph.D
- Urban Institute President Sarah Wartell
View photos here.