Joint Center Updates
Now Hiring: Office Manager
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Director, People and Operations
Location: Washington, D.C.
About the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, America’s Black think tank, provides compelling and actionable policy solutions to eradicate persistent and evolving barriers to the complete freedom of Black people in America. We are the trusted forum for leading experts and scholars to participate in primary public policy debates and promote ideas that advance Black communities. We use evidence-based research, analysis, convenings, and strategic communications to support Black communities and a network of allies. Currently, the Joint Center focuses on the future of work in Black communities, the impact of economic policies on Black communities in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, technology policy and Black communities, congressional staff diversity, and Black presidential appointments.
We are looking for an experienced, upbeat, reliable, and task-oriented individual to join our growing team and serve as our Office Manager. This person will be responsible for performing high-level administrative duties to support our team as a whole. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, positive, professional, and capable of managing his/her workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of the overall operations of the organization, working in conjunction with all levels of staff members as needed
- Vendor sourcing and management for organizational projects
- Lead our facilities management by reporting to our office weekly to check the mail, oversee supply inventory, and liaise with office building management
- In conjunction with the Director of People and Operations, play a key role in our A/P and A/R process, as well as our monthly credit card reconciliation
- Develop and perform organizational procedures and systems, including filing & document organization
- Coordinate and liaise with our outsourced IT firm regarding technical equipment, office automation, and software/digital oversight
- Assist the Director of People and Operations with HR support, including but not limited to employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes, data management, team-wide communications, etc.
- Oversee operational components of organizational events including technical assistance, calendaring, catering, etc.
- Culture and mission-driven – extremely passionate about the Joint Center’s mission of improving the socioeconomic status and civic engagement of African Americans.
- 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Must be familiar with QuickBooks and Bill.com
Compensation & Benefits
Commensurate with experience, the salary band for this position is $70k-80k. Benefits include 100% employer-sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision; as well as STD, LTD, and life insurance coverage. After one year of employment, up to a 5% match in our 403(b) plan. Generous PTO, quarterly mental health days, and no-meeting Fridays.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the subject line includes the title of the position and your full name.